Okay, how cool is this blogging thing? Yesterday, my new blogging buddy, Abby gave me the Liebster Blog award. Never heard of it? Me neither. Am I still completely stoked? Absolutely! If you haven't checked out Abby's blog: Something to Write About, do it. It is an amazing blog with lots of great info for writers, plus she just seems like an all around cool person.
Now onto my acceptance speech . . . I would like to thank the academy, my awesome followers, all 12 of them, Abby for taking a chance on an unknown blog, my husband for being totally hot, and my kids for allowing me 15 minutes to write this.
So what is this prestigious award and how can you win it too? Liebster means "friend" in German and the award is given as a way to spotlight blogs with less than two hundred people. The rules are as follows:
1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet—other writers.
5. And best of all – have fun and spread the karma!
Now it is my turn to show some love. My picks for Liebster are . . . (drum roll please)
1. Obscure and Askew--- two words, hilarious and talented. What more can I say?
2.Get Busy Writing--- great information for writers, seriously talented.
3. Lacie Myers--- Blueberries for Sal was a great post about children's books.
4. The Startled Spyglass--- love her post on the lusciousness of little things. She is also featured on Writing With Shelly. Good stuff!
5.Ahhh, Desultory Ramblings --- he hasn't posted in a while, but when he does, it's funny.
Show some love to these blogs, if you haven't already!
Meanwhile, I will try not to let this new found fame go straight to my head.